This post may contain affiliate links.
- 1 T. oil
- 3 lb. boneless beef pot roast
- 4 carrots (or a bag of baby carrots)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz. package of mushrooms
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 3/4 c. water
- In a large skillet, heat oil and brown roast.
- In slow cooker, arrange vegetables; top with roast.
- Combine soup mix with water and add to slow cooker.
- Cook covered on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables.
- I did not make the gravy that is on the recipe; I simply used the au jus. If you would like gravy, stir 1/4 c. water blended with 2 T. all-purpose flour. Cook on high until thickened.
Most days of the week, we eat boring ol’ chicken, so it’s so nice to eat beef every once in a while. I actually found this recipe on the back of a Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix and it was unbelievably delicious. I felt like I was hungry all freaking day because it smelled so good in my house while it cooked all day. Good thing there was plenty to go around because my husband and I were so full we were uncomfortable after dinner that night 🙂 Be sure to make this recipe- you won’t regret it. Thanks for reading; have a fAB day.