acai berry bowl
a fAB original
Write a review
- 1 c. frozen mixed berries
- 2 oz. frozen acai puree, thawed
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1/3 c. almond milk (I use Silk)
- 1 stevia packet
- granola (preferably one that has no more than 5g of sugar)
- flaked coconut
- assorted berries
- Combine mixed berries, acai puree, Greek yogurt, almond milk and stevia into a blender. Blend until you've reached desired consistency. Remember, it should be thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, place 1/2 c. granola.
- Pour acai berry mixture over granola.
- Top acai berry mixture with desired toppings.
- You can now find frozen acai puree in most grocery stores. I found mine at Target, next to the frozen fruit.
- You can make the acai berry mixture as sweet as you would like. Simply add more or less stevia or any other preferred sweetener.
- For this particular one, I topped it with macadamia nuts (since my mom had brought some back from Hawaii), flaked coconut, raspberries, banana and I drizzled a bit of honey on top of it all.
the fAB blog http://www.thefabblog.com/